2008年1月11日星期五

So, 2008...

I really don't understand why I don't ever learn: I typed out a whole.. at length.. new post.. published it.. only to find it's gone again. Copy and paste, copy and paste. Why do this thing called "backup" never occure to me when writing? Thankfully in other places it's clearly carved in my mind. Thank gawd it is!( yes, it's another story, if you have to know)

So in the name of new year's resolution--believe me, I usually don't do new year's resolution--I've decided to finish all my old posts here in Diva's DnR. Last year I was deeply involved with work and traveling that I hardly had time to quiet down and write--I have rather a high standard for the writing enviroment, or... had, as for now I'm sitting in my messy bedroom wrapped in a black and white blanket, with an extremely loud AC(blame the Philippines for it), breathing the dusty, filthy air in haunted Manila, so much to say about my writing enviroment. I heard there were some good places around Metro Manila area, though, I just need to make the time and check it out. Batangas is nice, I heard, with white beach and they have wonderful scuba-diving resorts. If I need to be fair, as long as you're not stuck in the old rusty Chinatown areas, Manila's actually a nice place full of surprises. Anyway, enough about that. My point is, since writing is such an intimate thing to me, I need to reach inside and empty myself, thus explains why I need a quite and undisturbed place.

I practically stopped writing here since last september, other than my busy schedule, another main reason was, that I turned whiny and started using my friends as trashcans, so lots of the ideas went to them instead of staying with me. But this site was created as to cut myself open, slaughter my thoughts on the table in my morgue, and my mind had been stuffed with too many other things to feel guilty and thus to write. You shall cut others open more then, they say. Alright, I could.

As it is for me, my new year abroad is far from dull, for I was busily involved in the filipino kids' "new year tradition" of throwing firecrackers at the foreigners. Lots of "AHH!""FOR FUCK'S SAKE!""DAMN ITS HOT!""..." and screaming going on, so it wasn't a quiet night. I was just reliving my friend Rorie's Beijing New Year's Eve (BTW dude if you were reading.. thanks for the headsup!), as he was greeted by Beijingers fireworks--I guess this tradition's international(?). Around midnight time Manila's blossoming in beautiful fireworks( personally I've never seen that many fireworks in my entire life), accompanied with the locals singing and dancing. One thing I love about the filipinos is how happy they always are. The poorer, the merrier. Enjoy the moments, sing and dance the troubles away. You don't see that often in China, or many other countries for that matter, where only the rich are seemingly having their corrupted fun, no share for the poor!

Other than my loud and colorful new year's eve/day, life's back to normal. If I am enlightened in the course of the day I shall write forthwith of the epiphanies that occur to me.

In the end, in this new blog of this supposedly glorious new year, I'd like to thank you all for reading, even though it's pathetically empty, yet you were here, left your comments, and therefore I'm grateful. I shall keep going, keep living, keep writing.


Happy 2008!

the Diva